Saturday, September 24, 2011

Intro....Day one

As I was roaming though the house today, I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror, and I had to do a double take. I thought to myself has this what I have become, how have I let myself go this much? I was disgusted by what I have become. I am 20 years old, and I played sports in middle school, ran track, played volleyball, even coached it, then in high school I played volleyball ( only frosh year) I work out...all until my junior year when I took on a whole new challenge.  I was accepted into the running start program so I was a college student and  a High School student at the same time. Life started moving in fast forward. I had no time to do anything but homework and studying. After high school I began working...full time in places that were not necessarily the best places to work in for someone so weak....yup that's right, in restaurants! so easy to have quick access to terrible food....excellent but totally terrible food...and so I began packing on the pounds. 
      I had never payed attention to what I was eating or how often, which would only explain why i have gained so much weight.  I was always busy and/or active so I never had to watch what I was eating because I always burned it of anyways. Now things are a little different, I work graveyard shift at a 24 hr casino as a black jack dealer, so I sleep during the day, and I eat at night.  As it turns out night eating is not exactly the best thing for you so that would explain how since i started this job I have gained so more weight. I knew eventually my metabolism would slow down and it would be more difficult to keep of weight but I never imagined it would be so soon.
    So as I walked by the mirror today and realized just how much I did not like what I saw, I made a decision. That decision being that instead of complaining and loathing in self hatred I am going to do something about it! So for right now I am going to try my hardest to eat healthier! I am not going to change my diet drastically but for now I am going to tweak it a bit, starting with not eating at work, including the oh so tempting and ever so deliciousness in the vending machines. Second thing being no soda, and seriously trying to stay away from coffee ( complete coffee adict, have been for years), rather switching to tea. A much healthier option, provided I do not load it with sugars and other amazing things to make it taste even more amazing.  I will begin with these two steps.
     As much as I hate the scale, I realize I have to put up with its, as id like to believe them to be, Lies. Because I weighed myself today, and today being Saturday the 24th , I will weigh in on Saturday mornings. As any woman I would love to hide my weight but for the purposes of this blog, and the soon to be inspirational story of an ordinary woman who can loose weight, I must share with you my starting weight.
As of September 24 I am 200 pounds and I am 5'7''. According to medical charts my weight should be between 135 and 150ish. which means to look good I must  loose at least 50 pounds.
   Because this is something I am committed to I will blog my daily struggles, and my daily successes. Because new years resolutions rarely work out I would like to start one of the most common new years resolutions early.  Tonight I will post how the day went with my new restrictions intact. Until later, wish me luck!
Sincerely
...to big for my own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment